Friday, August 22, 2008

Versitility of Polymer Clay

As some of you who have been reading my blog know polymer clay has endless uses. It can be used in jewellery, in making boxes and vessels. I have seen vases, pinch pots, covered pens and many other things. I will show you another use today for polymer clay. I made two birthday cards this week. One for my mother in law (opps no picture of that one) and the second one for my good friend Aileen who's birthday is today. Here is a picture of the front of the card.

Today I also received a book I ordered a couple weeks ago. My friend Gera http://amusedcreations.blogspot.com/ recommended the book. It's by Jacqueline Gikow, titled, Polymer Clay Creating Functional and Decorative Objects. The book has been out of print for a few years. I was able to find a used copy online. The book is in terrific shape. I have some reading and and more learning to do. It will make a nice read this weekend.