Saturday, August 30, 2008

Textured black beads

I saw a tutorial online quite a while ago. I found it again the other day and decided to take some inspiration from it. Here is the link to the tutorial http://tutorials.theclaystore.com/beads-buttons-and-jewelry/easy-color-block-beads-2/ This was another experiment for me as I haven't used a stamp and pearl ex together before to make beads. In total this bead set has 45 beads in it. I cured them, tumble sanded for a brief 3 hours to removes some of the pearl ex, usually I tumble sand over night. Then I put the beads back in the tumbler and buffed them for over 12 hours. The have a nice satiny feel to them and the pearl ex that was left behind stayed in the deep groves made by the stamp. The stamp I used is one of my new purchases from Shades of Clay and the stamp is called "Decorative"