Sunday, January 1, 2012

My first clay covered canvas

A few days before Christmas I found this quote online and it made me think of my husband. The quote reads "Here's to matrimony the high seas for which no compass has yet been invented" by Heinrich Heine.

I have wanted to cover a canvas with clay for at least two years. This finally seemed like the right idea to use for this project. Not having covered a canvas before and being a little  uncertain how I wanted to display the quote this took me several days to complete. I used a thin layer of translucent liquid clay between the canvas and clay and the canvas is 8x10.  The brown clay that is acting as the frame wraps around all four edges so no canvas shows when hanging on the wall. My husband loved it even though it was a few days late.



Posted by Picasa