Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Learning a new technique

 

This past Sunday I gathered with my polymer clay guild and one of our members taught us a wonderful technique by Bettina Welker called The Pixelated Blend Cane http://www.beadworx.de/2012/07/03/the-pixelated-retro-blend-cane/ This is a technique I had been wanting to try for several months and I kept getting distracted, and didn’t make the time to jump in and try it.

first pixalted cane on business card case 

This is the pattern I made with my guild. I am very happy with how it looks and love the colours. I applied the pattern to a business card case which my husband has claimed.

 

fuschia and purple pearl card case 

Today I attempted the same technique on my own with a slight difference and got this more random design in my pattern. I love this one as well. I also applied this colour combination to a business card case that I may keep for myself.